Harter’s Quick Clean Up built a state of the art recycling center at the end of 2013.
This recycling center or Material Recovery System (MRF) has lead to increased recycling capability for the greater La Crosse area. The 19,500 square foot building has an attached loading dock with 4 shipping bays. Our proximity to I-90 allows for easy shipping and receiving. We are using state art design and automation to make the plant as efficient as possible. Our facility is set up to separate 10 different materials at the same time. Our MRF is able to process up to 10 tons of residential commingled recycling per hour.
Our Facility has the ability to handle large amounts of commercial and industrial recycling as well. If you or your company is looking to recycle more, give Harter’s Quick Clean Up a call and we will be happy to see if we can help you improve your waste diversion rate.
Items that can be dropped off at no cost
- Soda Bottles
- Milk Jugs
- Shampoo Bottles
- Contact Solution Bottles
- Detergent Bottles
- Motor Oil Bottles (Must be drained)
Tin and Aluminum
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Aluminum Foil and Pie Plates (Cannot be soiled with food)
- Wire Clothes Hangers
- Empty Aerosol Cans
- Metal Pots and Pans
- Any type of corrugated boxes
- Cereal Boxes (Plastic inserts removed)
- Soda Boxes & Beer Cartons
- Mail and Envelopes (Plastic windows are OK)
- Magazine and Catalogs
- Phone Books
- Pizza Box Covers (Greasy bottoms should be placed with the trash)
- Egg Cartons
- Christmas Lights
- Extension Cords
- Power Cords
Glass Jars and Bottles
- Any clear or colored jar and bottle
- No “soiled” food containers can be recycled (Dirty paper plates, pizza box bottoms, etc).
- Dirty bottles and jars should be rinsed out. (Ketchup bottles, spaghetti sauce jars, etc)
- Do NOT bag the recyclables. All item should be placed loosely into the cart
- Please bag shredded paper.
- Flatten boxes
The Following Cannot be accepted
- Glass from Windows and Mirrors
- Packing Peanuts and Bubble Wrap
- Ceramics, Dishware, Pyrex Dishes
- Paper Towels, Tissues, Toilet Paper
- Coaxial Cable